Akademie Studio-Programm 2021/22
Deadline: Monday, Jun 7, 2021, 02:00pm
As part of the one-year Academy Studio Program 2021/22, the scholarship holders can move into a studio space in twos or threes in the Creative Cluster in the 5th district of Vienna. An accompanying program in the form of open studios (Vienna Art Week 2021) as well as studio visits or artist talks (from 2022) make the artistic practice of the participants clear and communicate the artistic positions in a publicly effective manner. At the end of the program year, a presentation will take place in the individual studios together with the Creative Cluster. A publication will be created to document the program year, in which the scholarship holders and their artistic work as part of the program year as well as all accompanying processes are presented.
- Graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna between October 2016 and June 2021
- Completed application form
- Motivation letter
- Diploma decision on the completion of studies at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
- Curriculum vitae with information on training and an overview of previous artistic career (solo and group exhibitions, grants and prizes)
- Portfolio with 5 selected works from the previous artistic résumé
- Registration form
Attention: Applicants who have already received a scholarship for the Academy Studio Program or ArtStart Studio are excluded from application. Simultaneous participation in the Mentoring Program Art and Academy Studio Program in 2021/22 is not possible.
(Students who plan to register for graduation for June 2021 can apply. Upon receipt of the scholarship, the diploma must be submitted by July 5, 2021 at the latest, otherwise the scholarship will be awarded to another applicant.)
- The motivation of the participants must correspond to the goals of the Akademie Studio program
- Content and artistic quality of the applications
- Completeness of the submission
The scholarship recipients are selected by the 2021 Scholarship Commission of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, Vice Rector Ingeborg Erhart and Barbara Pflanzner.
Achievements of the program
- Use of the Studiospace in the Creative Cluster for the period from October 1, 2021 to September 18, 2022
- Use of the infrastructure of the Creative Cluster
- Public relations and network building (framework program items as well as, closing event together with the Creative Cluster, dates tbc)
- Final publication
The participants commit to
- Use of the studio space in accordance with the house rules of the CC for almost a year
- Participation in the studio visits / artist talks or the other program items
- Presentation of the studio space or participation in the closing event in 2022
- Selection by the jury: June 2020
- Beginning of July 2021: Visiting the spaces together with Barbara Pflanzner
- October 2021: Moving into the Studiospaces in the Creative Cluster
- November 2021: Open Studios @ Vienna Art Week
- From February 2022: 2-3 accompanying program items (artist talks, guided tours, performances, etc.)
- June 2022: Presentation of the studios together with the Creative Cluster
- Mid-September 2022: move out of the studios
Must be submitted
- Portfolio and curriculum vitae (German or English, max. 25 pages with max. 10 MB with last name_First name_Portfolio_ASP21/22) in a PDF file.
- Please save the registration slip and diploma notification in another PDF file (max. 5 MB with last name_First name_Meldezettel_ ASP21 / 22).
Submission deadline: Monday, June 7th, 2021, 12 noon
Incomplete applications that are not submitted on time cannot be considered. There is no legal entitlement to the award of the scholarships. After the selection meeting, the applicants will be informed of the result of the selection by email.