Call for applications for student assistants Academy Auction 2023 - 8h
Deadline: Monday, Sep 5, 2022, 12:00pm
Student collaboration at the Academy Benefit Auction 2023 at the rate of 8h/week
from probably 17. October 2022 - 17. February 2023
Application deadline: September 2, 2022,
This call for applications is addressed to higher semester students (BA, MA or Diploma studies) of the Academy who are interested in assisting in the organization of the upcoming Academy Benefit Auction 2023.
Some of your tasks are:
- Communication with the donors of the works
- Organizing and carrying out the transportation of the work donations
- Obtaining agreements from the participating artists
- selective assistance with the preparation of the printed material
- Helping to set up and dismantle the presentation of the works at the auction
- Supervision of the presented artworks during the viewing of the works and the auction
- Assistance in the post-auction processing (handing out of donations of works to buyers, possible return transport of unsold works)
- very good organizational skills, sense for practical things
- basic graphic skills (Photoshop, possibly InDesign)
- affinity to social media platforms (Instagram)
- good knowledge of contemporary art
- very good knowledge of the German and English language
- high social competence and communication skills, sociability
- stress resistance
- Proof of enrollment for the current semester before the beginning of the contract;
- Proof of payment of the ÖH contribution for the current semester before signing the contract;
- During the period of employment, studies must not be completed.
Attention: a previous employment as a student employee at the Academy must be at least 6 months ago.
This activity is - due to its description - unfortunately not exempt from the Employment of Foreign Nationals Act. Therefore, third-country nationals must obtain an employment permit without a labor market examination from the AMS before starting the contract and commencing work:
You will be paid by the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. You will receive a contract as a student employee on a marginal basis with a monthly gross salary of currently EUR 442,00 plus special payments for 8 hours per week from (expected) October 17, 2022 to February 17, 2023. The working hours can be arranged by agreement. It is not possible to take up another position as a student employee at the Academy during the period in question.
The application documents (Letter of Motivation (first and last name, matriculation number, indication of your field of study at the Academy, address), curriculum vitae, information on your language and computer skills) are to be uploaded on this platform by September 2, 2022.
Inquiries and contact:
MMag.a Barbara Pflanzner
Phone +43 (0)1 588 16 1204
Schillerplatz 3, M5c, 1010 Vienna