Open Call for Content: You want to share more information about your studies at the Academy?
Deadline: Tuesday, Apr 18, 2023, 12:00pm
For the new online platform for study information within the project Platform Vielfalt "Encouraging Diversity: Developing a Process-Oriented Socially Inclusive Information and Communication Platform for Artistic Studies" of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, we invite students of the Academy to submit ideas for digital contributions about their experiences around studying at the Academy in different digital formats for the Platform Vielfalt. The call for submissions is open to regular students of the Academy.
An open project briefing will take place on Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 5:00 pm. Online via ZOOM:
Target groups for content on the online platform:
The platform addresses in particular school students, young adults, and those career changers for whom access to knowledge about artistic professions and study opportunities is difficult due to their social and local conditions.
The following topics can be worked on:
- "How I Created My Portfolio." Insights into portfolio design
- Insight into student’s daily life in workshops, labs, etc.
- Study experience in the Fine Arts program (IBK) and the respective studios
- Study experience in the Education in the Arts program (IKL)
- Creative preparation and possible expansion of the FAQs that are currently on the Academy website:
- Possibly additional content based on your own suggestions, experiences, and ideas
Possible digital formats:
- Short video (max. 1:30min) incl. transcript of text for subtitles
- Blog post (text and image)
- Podcast format (audio)
The selected entries will receive an expense allowance between 200 and 500 euros, depending on the format.
Documents required for submission:
- concept (max. 5 MB)
- Project description (1 page A4 format)
- Project-related work samples/sketches
- portfolio with previous artistic works (max. 5 MB max. 10 pages)
- curriculum vitae
The submission documents should be uploaded collectively as one Pdf document (max. 10 MB) via the Calls-platform.
The application, as well as the contributions can be in German or English.
The jury consists of Christina Fasching (Student Welcome Center; Platform Vielfalt), Barbora Chen (Academy Goes to School), Antje Lehn (IKA), one person representing IBK, student assistant (Platform Vielfalt), Ingeborg Erhart (Vice Rector Arts and Teaching).
- Application deadline: 18 April
- Project briefing for interested parties: 29 March
- Evaluation period by the jury: 1 week
- Jury date: mid-April
- Processing period: 4-6 weeks, from end of April to beginning of June
For further information please contact Christina Fasching (email@example.com, 01588161205)