Call for Applications for a student assistant Student Welcome Center
Deadline: Wednesday, Jul 7, 2021, 11:00am
The Student Welcome Center is looking for a student assistant for support in organizing the Orientation Days for first-year students at the beginning of the semester. The call is addressed to students at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.
- Very good knowledge of procedures for new students at the beginning of their studies
- Experience in organizing events
- Very good social and communication skills
- Very good knowledge of AkademieOnline
- Ready to work in a self-organized manner, exact approach to work
- Sensitivity for diversity and intercultural communication
- Very good knowledge of German and English, other language skills are an advantage
- Practical knowledge of living, working and studying in Vienna and Austria
Your tasks are:
- Preparing the welcome bags (1. half of September)
- Help for students during the registration period, especially in September/October
- Help and support during the Orientation Days for first-year students
- Regular exchange with the Student Welcome Center
- Contribution of your own ideas is welcome
A previous employment as a student employee at the Academy has to be at least 6 months in the past.
It is not possible to simultaneously hold an additional position as a student employee at the Academy.
Third-country nationals require an employment permit without a labour market examination from the AMS before the beginning of the contract and the start of work:
What do you get out of it?
- Experience and insight into the variety of everyday life at university on different levels (orientation days, beginning of studies, administration, etc.)
- Contact to international students and first-year students
Payment is provided be the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. Students will receive a contract as a student employee with a monthly gross salary of EUR 348,90 plus special payments for 6,5 hours per week from September 1st 2021 to February 28th 2022.
Working hours can be arranged after consultation with the coordinator in the Student Welcome Center. Vacation and compensatory time are to be consumed after consultation.
If you are interested, please submit your application consisting of curriculum vitae and letter of motivation with the indication of your first and last name, matriculation number as well as your field of study at the academy, address, and information on your language and computer skills as PDF files here.