2nd Year Scholarship
Deadline: Thursday, May 4, 2023, 11:00am
With the 2nd Year Scholarship, the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna would like to offer promising and motivated but socially disadvantaged students from third countries* as well as stateless persons, beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, and convention refugees an allowance to cover their living costs. Therefore, it provides a sum from the annual Academy Auction for the award of six scholarships. The scholarships are awarded annually by the Rectorate.
1 April - May 4 2023 (11:00 am)
- 6.000 Euro for the second year of study, half-yearly payment.
- The summer semester payment depends on the winter semester's study progress.
- Waiver of study fees for the second year of study.
- Active regular diploma, bachelor or master students in the first year of study at the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna.
- Citizenship of a third country* or stateless persons, convention refugees or persons entitled to subsidiary protection.
- The expected fulfillment of all curricular requirements for the first year of study must be demonstrated by the classes completed in the first semester and those in which students participate in the second semester.
- Furthermore, it should be foreseeable that
- the bachelor’s will be completed in the minimum period of study or
- the first part of the diploma program can be completed within two years and
- the required language competence can be demonstrated after one year.
- Social need.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. At least one letter must be from the head of studio (Fachbereichsleiter_innen), in whose field the admission took place in the first semester. The letters of recommendation should mainly focus on the applicant's previous academic progress and his_her motivation for studies.
* Except all member states of the EEA as well as Switzerland and the United Kingdom (the EEA includes the 27 EU-member states and the so-called EFTA-states Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway). Exchange students and dual citizens of an EEA member state (incl. Switzerland, United Kingdom) do not qualify for this grant.
Criteria for grants
- Fulfilment of the application requirements.
- Complete application form and all required documents and certificates (as noted on the application form).
Download application form:
application_2nd_year_scholarship.pdf [204.76 KB]
An application is only possible via https://calls.akbild.ac.at/. To use our submission system https://calls.akbild.ac.at/ you have to register once (if you do not have access yet) - please use your @student.akbild.ac.at address to identify yourself as a student. Login is not possible with the AkademieOnline password, as this is a separate system.
It is possible to apply for both, the 2nd Year Scholarship and the student assistance fund. Please note, however, that only one of the two scholarships can be awarded to you.
Only applications with complete information and documents that conform to the criteria listed above can be considered. Please keep in mind that the deadlines must be strictly adhered to; applications submitted too late or incomplete cannot be considered at all.
For further information please contact Vizerektorat Kunst | Lehre (firstname.lastname@example.org)