Exchange Companions at the International Office
Deadline: Monday, Jan 31, 2022, 12:00pm
The International Office is looking for 1 student assistant for the spring term 2022
The call for applications is addressed to senior students of the Academy who are interested in helping first-year and exchange students over the hurdles of the initial period.
- very good knowledge of written and spoken German and English, further foreign language skills are an advantage
- high social competence and communication skills (not afraid to speak in front of groups); sociability;
- sensitivity for diversity and for intercultural communication
- very good organizing and administrative skills and a sense of practicality
- knowledge of the structures of the Academy and its facilities
- very good knowledge of at least the fine arts curriculum
- good knowledge of living, working and studying in Vienna and in Austria
Some of your tasks are:
- organize Orientation Days for Exchange Students with the International Office
- Organize Welcome Meeting for Exchange Students and hold it together with the International Office
in the last week of September/last week of February
- essential presence at the beginning of each semester (Orientation Days) or, if necessary, organize and hold digital information events
- Provide assistance with the AkademieOnline system (bilingual information sessions)
- Organize activities such as Erasmus exhibitions, city tours, excursions, etc.
- weekly jour fixe for Incoming Students at the International Office
- bring in own ideas
Payment is made by the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna. Students will receive a contract as a student employee with a monthly gross salary of EUR 348,90 plus special payments for 6,5 hours per week from March 1, 2022 to August 31, 2022. The working hours can be arranged conditionally after consultation with the International Office. Vacation and compensatory time is to be consumed during the lecture-free period. It is not possible to simultaneously hold an additional position as a student employee at the Academy. A previous employment as a student employee at the Academy must be at least 6 months ago. Applicants must not graduate befor August 31, 2023.
What do you get out of it?
- the pleasure of being able to help colleagues with good information
- more insight into everyday life at the university on several levels
- contacts to international students and first semester students
More information at: Exchange Companions
Your application (letter of motivation including your first and last name, registration number, your field of study at the Academy, address and information about your language and computer skills) have to be uploaded at this platform until Monday, January 31, 2022: https://calls.akbild.ac.at/calls/IOW21/
Once a decision has been made, there will be an introductory period and job handover by the current Exchange Companions.
Please feel free to contact the Internaional Office for further questions. We look forward to receiving your application!
To use the submission system you have to register once (if you do not have an account yet) - please use your @student.akbild.ac.at - address to identify yourself as a student. Login is NOT possible with the Akademie Online password, as this is a separate system.