Design and realisation of art objects as awards for the “Diversitas” award ceremony 2020
Deadline: Wednesday, Sep 16, 2020, 11:00am
Arts objects will be handed over to honour diversity management at institutions of higher education and research institutions within the award ceremony in December 2020 of the Federal Ministry Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (https://www.bmbwf.gv.at/diversitas).
The submitter of the design of art objects chosen by a jury will receive price money in the amount of 3,000 Euro, additionally there will be recognition awards (1,000 Euro each) for the second- and third-placed design.
For the realisation of the design the winner will have maximal 600 Euro (gross) per object (in sum max. 4,800 Euro) at one's disposal for production costs (material and working capacity).
The announced price money and the production costs are funded by the Federal Ministry Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research.
Designs respectively displays of prototypes of 8 art objects together with transport packaging (5 main awards, 2 recognition awards as well as a show piece / prototype) can be submitted by regular students of the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna and have to consider the following guidelines:
- If chosen by the jury the 8 art objects and 8 corresponding transport packaging have to be realised and finalised until the end of November 2020 at the latest.
- The art objects are created as single copy which is reproduced by the designer or as eight individual items which differ from each other.
- The objects are mobile or have to be installed permanently (with a device for wall hanging), but should be easy-to-transport.
- The arts object bear reference to the topic area “diversity in institutions of higher education and research institutions”.
- The choice of material reflects the appreciation of the achievements to be awarded, noble metal is excluded, though.
- The Diversitas-Logo (find enclosed) has to be applied onto the sculpture
Submissions should be uploaded as one PDF file (max. 30 pages, 5 MB) and should contain the following elements:
- Sketches / visualizations of the design proposal or photos of the prototype
- Description of the planned art object(s)
- A list of estimated material and realisation costs
- A short curriculum vitae (max. 1 A4 page)
The application has to be done in this submission system (https://calls.akbild.ac.at) by Wednesday, 16 September 2020, 11:00 a.m.
To use our submission system, you have to register once (if you haven't an account already) - please register with your @student.akbild.ac.at email address to identify yourself as student. You can then log in with your access data, you CANNOT log in with the AkademieOnline password.